3.7.11

Matthew 8

'When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
When Jesus heard this, he was astounded and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith." .... And his servant was healed at that moment.'

I want to astound Jesus. I want to astound the world by not being astounding by their standards. I want to astound the rich by showing them the plight of the poor. I want to astound Jesus when I fall at His feet...I want my heart to grow so large, I want the joy and the pain I feel to overflow so much, that the overflow sings out praise to the Saviour of the world and I feel my seams bursting every moment of every day. I want my koha to be a love so deep, a love so wide, for every soul I meet, a love that astounds. I want my little, my nothing, to be a faith that is offered up to my Lord, my all. I want my faith to astound my God; to be real to someone other than me, to astound and inspire for the glory of God. I want my faith to bring healing and justice. I want my faith to be true. I want to astound Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. You have a nice way with words. Faith, Hope and Love. You sound sincerely Faithful to me. Pray often and your Prayers will be Answered Dear.
    Amen

    Allen

    ReplyDelete