24.6.11

Jesus is so quiet.

It's been strange being back home. I love spending time with my family, but I find it hard to do so as well as seeing everyone else I want to, and actually relaxing for once. It is different, to be in a house which was once so familiar and still feels like home, yet somehow...outgrown. Like I no longer fit the mould I had formed back here.

Steph and Char and I drove up to Omaha for a few nights at the beginning of this week, and it was gold. After living in the very centre of a tiny and compact little city with cars outside my window every minute of every day, and after coming home and being surrounded by people all weekend, to get out on the beach, to just sit, on the sand, in the silence, and whisper with God...bliss.

1 Kings 19; "Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper."

The world is so loud. We are constantly being talked at, talked to, bombarded with music and traffic and there is no time to be still. I sat on the deck with my coffee at Omaha, and listened to the tui's singing in the tree's, and that is where I found Jesus. Not in a concert, or a sermon, or a podcast...but in the quiet.

I don't quite belong in Wellington, or Auckland. I don't belong to anyone, I have noone. It is well and true, without Jesus, I am nothing. A beautiful thing to be said.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about similar things last night. And I came to the conclusion that I have no real friends, no one who ACTUALLY cares except for one person... and you know what, He is more than enough because He is everything we ever need.
    Like you said... without Him we are nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a scary thing to realise, but far out, we are blessed!

    ReplyDelete